CVEF is a non-profit national organization whose mission is to assess and guide alternative fuels including NGV and natural gas-to-hydrogen R&D³ activities and build awareness for - and foster deployment of - alternative fuel systems including natural gas- and other clean fuel-powered vehicles in the public and private sector.
What We Do...
CVEF coordinates and implements a variety of public awareness, education, market research, codes and standards and technology programs at the national level. Our activities help achieve national goals of cleaner air, reduced dependence on imported oil and accelerated development and deployment of alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs). Our activities are varied and include:
- Educating fleet operators, clean vehicle advocates and air quality and transportation policy-makers about the benefits of AFVs through seminars, trade publications and mass media, and national conventions and expositions.
- Analyzing the comparative benefits and costs of NGV and other clean vehicle technologies and the economic, technical and other potential factors affecting market acceptance.
- Publishing reports, newsletters and other materials for use by clean vehicle advocates, policy-makers and AFV industry participants in educating their constituent audiences
- Coordinating and supporting AFV codes and standards (C&S) development and maintenance for the US and assisting in the harmonization of international gaseous fuel vehicle C&S in North America.
- Facilitating the transfer of relevant portions of NGV standards to hydrogen standards and helping coordinate acceptance of hydrogen standards at the state and local levels
- Developing and maintaining AFV and related infrastructure RD&D and market development plans with input from representatives of government, industry and regional/state coalitions.
- Facilitating the exchange of ideas and information between current and prospective AFV operators via committees, user groups, focus groups and other forums.
CVEF is a lean organization whose small staff relies on the support and participation of representatives from industry, government, academia, customers and other regional/state NGV coalitions to achieve its goals and objectives. Our programs and priorities are set by the CVEF Board of Directors with input from the AFV industry stakeholders.